Monday, June 18, 2012

Intimidating


While I was younger, I always misread ‘intimidation’ as ‘intimation’ and I thought it had something to do with being intimate. But when I got to know the actual meaning, I began to wonder the instances when I get intimidated.

The central character from the series 'Tales of Mere Existence'
by Lev Yilmaz  
I am intimidated at sight of an attractive woman, or if she drives an attractive car. Much more if, she rides a bike, if she dresses well, or she talks well, or the slightest thought that she is better than me.

That’s not all that I get intimated by. I get intimidated by my intelligent friend who can talk on every damn thing below the sun, or my not so intelligent friend who can act wise, or my metal-head friend who has a band, or my colleague who I think is better than me, or my colleague who is good for nothing, or my boss whom I work for, or my friends who are fit, or my friends who are unfit.

I am intimated by the person who has a good fashion sense, who wears a pair of good shoes, who is talented, who sketches, who cooks, who plays, who writes, who makes clay models, who has good drinking capacity, who does not drink, who can run fast, who can swim on the back, who can float on water, and so on. Even the word intimidation intimidates me such that I find it difficult to pronounce many a times.

**Note:  This is just an experimental style of writing which I very much adore. The man behind my inspiration is Turkish-American Dir, writer, producer, artist Mr. Lev Yilmaz. Check out his interesting work. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P785j15Tzk

13 comments:

  1. I am intimidated by the word intimidation and the style of writing is intimidating! ;) Appreciate your experiment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... enjoyed it !
    and liked this style of writing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i m intimidated by ur hamsters and ur out of coountree trips and writing.

      Delete
  3. oho.. nd am intimidated by my brother whoz a bit crazy bt still writs well... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am intimidated by ur comments and sense of writing too!

      Delete
  4. daaaa....nee aalu bhayangara intimidationg anallo....njan vicharichilla nee ithra intimidating anennu;)....gud one...waiting for more from u...enjoyyyy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i m intimidated by ur malayalam and the fact dat u liv in gujrat n r able to drink :P haha. njyan oru sambhavam aane!

      Delete
  5. Lol! Toooo Good, enjoyed it... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i m intimidated by ur smile, nails, power and size :)

      Delete
  6. super one brother!!!
    intimate writeup about intimidation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am intimidated by ur singing, writing, bike, and knowledge :)
      n thnx :)

      Delete