Monday, May 23, 2011

Hyderabad diaries: Into the wild (Yeah, almost)


Warning: For everyone’s inconvenience, I will be publishing this in various parts.

Chapter 1: The Plan


     As the name suggests, it all started after getting inspired by Into the wild and my so called adventure trips to the wild (which by the way is only 1 till now :P). I was done with my exams and I knew I had to go for somewhere to unwind; it was not going to be Kerala this time like every vacation neither Bengaluru for an event as planned a week ago. Everything was in place except to decide upon a place we were heading to.

   We had two options in mind; one is any wildlife sanctuary in Maharashtra where we or rather I could spot some Tigers, and the other was the Land of the Nizams and the Nawabs and (my brother)- Hyderabad. Asking people to join me for the trip was simple, I knew who would be accompanying me for sure or at least try to join the trip. We started calling up every contact in our list, who we thought would remotely help us to plan a trip to Tadoba, Pench or other tiger reserves. Couple of phone calls and sms-es later we gave up the idea of the wildlife trip. Accommodation would have been a real problem apart from the expenses and stipulated time frame of the journey. So we finally decide to go to Hyderabad. One of my friends was a little reluctant about the idea, but thanks to Google he was excited later :D. Before going to bed, I sent out a bulk message to my friends, asking interested one’s to join me. The message was, ‘I am leaving Hyderabad tomorrow; if you are interested join me for the trip.’

     Next morning, it was time to decide which bus and when. Luxury was taboo for us so we thought not Volvo and no AC, but ended up in one of those. Ohhh...Sorry, I forgot to introduce the gang. Me, Aditya (my old travel buddy :P ) aka Raman and Kartik aka Kartik.:P. ‘Hard Sun’ playing behind our heads, we set out from Borivali and Goregaon respectively to embark upon one of our finest and memorable trips.

Hyderabad mein kya hua, yeh jaanke ke liye read kariye agla post!! :D (To know what happened in Hyderabad, read the next post).

No comments:

Post a Comment